Announcement of UTS Research Day Poster Competition Finalists
Thank you to everyone who joined us on March 5 for the first UTS Research Day!
Congratulations to the competition winners below!
Faculty Competition: Dr. Andrew Wilson and Dr. Keisuke Noda
Student Competition: Savjola Konja and Mélanie Komagata
We invite you to watch the recording of the program here.
Honorable Mention: Robert Duffy
Below, you may view the submissions of all the competition finalists.
Savjola Konja, Student in the Master of Arts in Religious Studies Program
To Bless and Take Care for 430 Couples
Dr. Christine Hempowicz.
- UTS Alumna and Student Body Vice President (1986) and Current UTS Trustee.
- Former University of Bridgeport Director of Sponsored Research
Faculty Research Day Co-Chair at the University of Bridgeport
- UTS Adjunct Faculty for Research Methods
- Published in Springer’s Technological Developments in Networking, Education and Automation.
- Contributor to the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) NCURA Magazine.
- Editor of UB Breakthroughs, highlighting scholarly research at the University of Bridgeport
Prof. William D. Lay
- Columbia University J.D. and Senior Editor of the Columbia Law Review
- Former Senior Associate of Skadden Arps
- Former Associate Fried Frank
- Former Law Clerk of New York Court of Appeal Judge Joseph Bellacosa
- Director of the School of Public & International Affairs and Chair of Criminal Justice & Human Security Programs at the University of Bridgeport
- UTS Adjunct Associate Professor of Law and Governance
- Published by E-International Relations; East Asia; Harvard Asia Quarterly; Columbia Law Review.
Dr. James R. Fleming
- UTS 1982 Alum and Student Body President
- Charles A. Dana Professor of Science, Technology, and Society, Emeritus, at Colby College
- Visiting Scholar and/or Professor at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, MIT, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, and Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Served on two National Academy of Sciences study panels, provided testimony to the U.S. Congress, and was a contributing author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Series editor of Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology
- Author of books and articles on history of science and the human dimensions of climate change published by MIT, Chicago, Columbia, Oxford, Johns Hopkins, and other university presses.
- Current research project is on the "Deocene" (or age of God) as both preceding and coextensive with the "Anthropocene" (or age of Man)