The Principled Academy is seeking a Head of School
- UTS Communications
One of America's First Unification-Inspired Schools Seeks a New Head of School and Encourages Qualified UTS Students and Alums to Apply.
The Principled Academy (TPA) is a non-sectarian, nonprofit religious school in San Leandro, CA. It was established in a garage in 1988 with 5 kindergarten students. Today, housed in the handsome facility of the Bay Area Family Church, it proudly serves 130 students from preschool through 8th grade. TPA is seeking a new Head of School (HOS) who can embody principled ideals, apply the Divine Principle in solving problems, and share the vision of principled education with a new generation of students, parents, and teachers.
1. Duties and Responsibilities: The HOS, working with support staff, is
- The moral leader of the school
- The legal representative of the governing boards on the school site
- Responsible for creating and following a budget
- The instructional leader
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, and training of school employees
2. Preferred qualifications:
- A master’s degree or higher
- Teaching experience
- Fiscal competence in managing budgets and long-term strategic plans
- A Unificationist
3. Special skills needed:
- Be a moral exemplar and conceive the job as a mission in service to humanity
- Articulate to all stakeholders the vision of TPA as a school focused on character education and social/emotional learning.
- Respect parents as the child’s first teachers and collaborate as partners with them.
- Foster teamwork and mutual respect among the staff by being fair and impartial in the administration of the school’s policies.
- Stay current on best practices and assist staff to improve their skills.
4. Line of supervision: The Head of School is responsible to the Board of Trustees and must be evaluated by them annually utilizing a written instrument, which becomes part of the Head’s permanent file.
5. Salary and benefits: TBD based upon experience, recommendations, and other qualifications.
6. Perks: Your preschool-8th grade-age child(ren) will attend The Principled Academy tuition-free!
7. Position start date: July 1, 2022, with shadowing/training beginning early June, 2022.
Please contact Kristina Seher, Head of School Emerita, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information.