Unification Theological Seminary (UTS) understands your privacy is important. We provide this notice in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and because you are a current or potential student of UTS. This notice will help you understand what types of nonpublic personal information we may collect, how we use it and how we protect your privacy.
- UTS collects nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers.
- UTS has policies and procedures in place to protect nonpublic personal information, including social security numbers. See also UTS’ FERPA policy.
- UTS does not share, sell, or otherwise distribute information about you to anyone for any reason, except under the following circumstances:
- We may transmit or share your personal information with our third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other technology and services required to operate and maintain the service.
- We may disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights and in defense against legal claims; and if, in our judgment, it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- The disclosure is covered under UTS’ FERPA policy.
- You provided your consent.
Unification Theological Seminary accepts payment by credit card via Authorize.net, in cash and by check. Invoicing and payment processing may be managed via third-party intermediaries. These intermediaries are not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of invoice or payment processing on behalf of Unification Theological Seminary.
When you visit the UTS populi site, we use “cookies”. A cookie is a security token that includes a unique identifier that is sent to your browser from the site and stored on your computer. Populi cookies help us verify who you are and record current session information; they are not permanent.; if you disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will not be able to use the Service.
Protection of Information
UTS Populi site actively maintains security measures to protect your information and data from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure. These measures help ensure the safety, security, and authorized access of your data. However, internet security is an ever-evolving and largely defensive enterprise, and so we therefore cannot guarantee the complete security of any Internet data transmissions or information storage technology.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information about children under the age 13.