Selig, William P.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pastoral Ministry
Dr. William P. Selig is a board certified chaplain with the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) and has worked as a hospice volunteer and hospital chaplain in Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia and California. He serves as a Seonghwa advisor to the FFWPU Blessing Family Ministry.
In addition to his volunteer work, Dr. Selig is the communications director for UPF International, an international and interreligious organization dedicated to achieving world peace.
D.Min., Unification Theological Seminary
Diploma, R.E., Unification Theological Seminary
B.A., University of Maryland
• Preparing for the Afterlife Based on the Teachings of Sun Myung Moon (2013)
• Seonghwa Manual: Unification Church Funeral Practices (2015)
• My Journey to Become a Hospital Chaplain (2016)
• Applied Unificationism Blog (list of articles)
• Spiritual Resilience, Association of Professional Chaplains Forum (February 2017)
• COVID Reflection, Association of Professional Chaplains Forum (February 2021)
• MIN 5601: Unification Rituals and Traditions
• MIN 8101: Spiritual Formation and Integration
• PAS 5101: Pastoral Care and Counseling
Coordinated and documented the World Peace Tour of the Little Angels Children’s Folk Ballet of Korea to the 22 UN nations which came to the aid of South Korea during the Korean War (2010-13)
Served on the leadership team for the MEPI (Middle East Peace Initiative), which organized 30 interfaith peace pilgrimages to the Holy Land (2004-08)
Member, Association of Professional Chaplains (APC); Religious Education Association (REA); and National Peace Corps Association (NPCA)
Adjunct Professor of Pastoral Ministry