Professor of Religious Education
Director, Doctor of Ministry Program
Director, Maryland Instructional Site
Rev. Kathy Winings, EdD, began teaching at UTS in 1989 and served as the Dean of Campus for the UTS New York City Extension Center having helped create it since its inception in August 2000. Together with faculty, staff and students she expanded the Seminary's influence throughout the greater metropolitan area of New York through the creation of various institutes and public programs, setting UTS on the path of becoming a premiere seminary for effective urban ministry.
Dr. Winings contributes to the field of Religious Education through her membership in the Religious Education Association (REA) through her articles, conference participation and on it Board. As the President and Founder of Educare, an educational consulting firm, Dr. Winings conducts training programs and seminars dealing with a wide range of educational issues from effective teaching strategies to curriculum design to parenting.She is also Vice President of the Board for the International Relief Friendship Foundation,an international humanitarian and sustainable development agency.
As a public speaker and writer, Dr. Winings has addressed audiences around the world and written on a wide range of educational, ministerial, neuroscience and social justice topics. She is Professor of Religious Education and Ministry and serves as Vice President for Academic Affairs, as well as Director of the D.Min program at UTS.
- EdD ,Teachers College, Columbia University
- M. Div., Unification Theological Seminary
- B.A., Fordham University
- Building Character through Service Learning
- Brain-based Learning, Neuroscience and Their Impact on One Religious Educator
- Religious Education Journal (forthcoming)
EDU 5190 Religious Education Colloquium
MIN 5804 B Masters Colloquium
- Voted into Kappa Delta Pi and the National Honor Society for Education
- Recipient, special award for Women Educators from Teachers College
- Recipient of the Harriet Tubman Humanitarian Achievement Award (2007)
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Education, Who’s Who in International Education, and Who’s Who of Women Professionals
- Member of the Board of the Religious Education Association (REA)
- Vice President of the Board of Directors for the International Relief Friendship Foundation, Inc.
- Former Executive director for International Relief Friendship Foundation, Inc. (11 years)
- Member, International Council for the World Association of NGOs (WANGO)
- Board member of the Religious Education Association
- President and Founder of Educare