- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 September 2015 13:56 02 September 2015
- Published on Wednesday, 02 September 2015 13:52 02 September 2015
UTS is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant/Faculty Secretary for the New York City campus. This is a Part-Time position, working 25 hours a week. Duties include: taking minutes for all Faculty Committee meetings, preparing materials for Faculty meetings, filing needs for the academic administration, organizing student IDs, coordinating communication needs, managing campus supplies, providing general support for the faculty and administrative staff and working with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Registrar. Scheduling to be discussed.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, be detail-oriented, have good oral and written English language skills, be able to work effectively with diverse people, demonstrate working computer skills, be flexible in doing needed tasks such as preparing classrooms, rearranging desks/chairs, and have a pleasant phone manner.
Applicants should submit a resume and contact information for three references (including name, address, phone number and email addresses). References will not be contacted without consent from applicant.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:26 28 July 2015
- Published on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 11:12 28 July 2015
Status of Position: Part-time (25 hours)
Reports to: Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Unification Theological Seminary seeks applications for the position of Director of Institutional Research and Assessment. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment is responsible for providing leadership in the design, coordination, implementation, analysis and reports based on institutional and student learning assessment data and analyses. Specific responsibilities include collaboration with the Outcomes Assessment Committee to maintain and continually improve the outcomes assessment work of the Seminary, development of assessment workshops for faculty, assisting faculty in implementation of assessment instruments as needed, collaboration with the Strategic Planning Committee and the Strategic Enrollment Management Committee to provide accurate and timely assessment data to support the planning process, keeping up with the ongoing development of the field of institutional and student learning assessment and the overall coordination of student learning and institutional assessment processes. This position is also responsible for maintaining the institution’s Educational Effectiveness portion of its website and for the institution’s reporting needs to NYSED and MSCHE (IPEDS).
The successful candidate should have:
- Masters Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in either outcomes assessment or institutional research.
- Evidence of an awareness and understanding of the institutional effectiveness and learning outcomes assessment focus in higher education.
- Experience and proficiency with statistics, quantitative data analysis including multivariate techniques, and the ability to communicate report results in written reports.
- Proven competency in the technical aspects of general and survey research, including research purpose and design, statistical and research methods, data collection and/or extraction, and data analyses and evaluation.
- Recent experience using SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with assessment software such as TaskStream, Exam Soft or similar assessment software a plus.
- Ability to attend to detail and maintain accuracy in working with statistical information, and to understand the policy implications of that information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, efficient, personable, and collegial working relationships with diverse faculty and staff members.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Demonstrated team building and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of an awareness and understanding of the national trends in educational excellence criteria, and inter-institutional benchmarking initiatives.
For more information about UTS, please explore our website at: www.uts.edu. AA/EOE