Bishop Lester L. Williams is a native Alabamian who is a graduate of Xavier University of New Orleans, B.A. Secondary English Education. After hearing the voice of the Lord to do ministry, he enrolled in New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary earning his Masters in Religious Education. He was called to the pastorate of the Community Church of Christ of Jamaica, New York in 1988 where he currently serves as the Senior Pastor. Feeling the need to enhance his ministry, he matriculated at Drew University, Madison, New Jersey where he earned his Doctorate in Ministry in 1993. Dr. Williams has traveled extensively, conducted, and led mission tours to Africa, namely, South Africa, Zambia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo for over 25 years.
He was consecrated to the office of Bishop in 1999 in Little Rock, Arkansas by Bishop Paul S. Morton, Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship. He is a member of the Joint College of African American Bishops and the Presiding Bishop of the Community Churches of Christ International. He is also clergy liaison for the 103 Precinct, Jamaica, Queens. He has authored two books: Pastoring in the Shadows and Follow the Yellow Brick Road. He is a public speaker, community activist, writer, and carries other titles too numerous to name. He is married to Shirley Graham and has three daughters.
- D.Min. Drew University, Madison, NJ
- M.R.E. New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A. Secondary English Education, Xavier University , New Orleans..
- Pastoring in the Shadows
- Follow the Yellow Brick Road
LTR 5142 New Testament in Context
- Member, Joint College of African American Bishops
- Presiding Bishop of the Community Churches of Christ International
- Clergy liaison for the 103 Precinct, Jamaica, Queens